304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
The mechanism has released the second major content update for their lumberpunk beaver city builder, Timberborn.
Timberborn‘s second major update adds golems, a new type of robotic beaver worker. These super-efficient workers can complete tasks faster than normal beavers, don’t require as many needs, and can even be ordered to perform particularly dangerous tasks that live beavers wouldn’t risk.
However, Golems have their own set of limitations, such as requiring energy to run. There are also still tasks that simply cannot be effectively automated with your new robot minions.
Other major additions to the game include a reworked wellness system, negative conditions and damage, terraforming, batteries, an improved new player experience, and more.
You can find a trailer below.
You can find an overview (via Steam) below:
Humanity turned the Earth into a dry wasteland and perished, but some species adapted and evolved. Choose one of the beaver factions and see how long your colony can last.
- Beaver community – Control one of two beaver factions: the friendly Folktails or the diligent Iron Teeth. Each faction has a unique style, buildings and gameplay traits. Choose what suits your play style!
- Wet and dry seasons – Prepare your settlement for recurring droughts. Store food and keep fields and forests alive even after rivers dry up. Rely on both natural water sources and artificial irrigation to keep the soil arable.
- River Control – The beavers of the future have millennia of experience with water engineering. Build dams and locks, dig canals with explosives, and divert rivers to bring life back to the wasteland. Just be careful with that dynamite.
- Lumberpunk – Turn timber into sophisticated machinery – from water wheels and sawmills to engines and mechanized pumps. Wood is the core resource in Timberborn, but the most advanced structures require metal. To find it, send your scavengers to the ruins of the old world.
- Golems – Supercharge your colony with mechanized beavers! Turn them on, maintain them, and you’ll have extra efficient employees for almost any job. They will literally move mountains for you thanks to their unique ability to set up land blocks.
- Vertical Architecture – Create a thriving beaver habitat using a vertical architecture system. Space is limited, so stack huts and workshops, construct platforms and bridges, and create a power grid for your growing population.
- Day and night cycle – Build a multi-district city with efficient production chains and night activities. Follow the lives of individually simulated residents through their day and celebrate when the next generation is born!
- Wellness – The lifestyle of an evolved beaver is not just “work, sleep and chop wood”. Meet the needs of your rodents with a balanced diet, decorations, monuments and more – in addition to keeping the colony alive.
- Card Editor – Play on one of the included maps or create your own and share it with the community! With hills of varying heights, ruins scattered in the desert, and all life dependent on access to water, each map presents a different challenge.
- …and more! – Ever since the project started, we’ve been improving the game and adding new features based on community feedback. We’re making the world’s first beaver city builder, so if you want to carve it with us, jump into Timberborn Early Access!