304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Capcom has shared a number of new details for Street Fighter 6 at Tokyo Game Show 2022, including new characters, a character creator, a closed beta and more.
first up, Street Fighter 6 adds the characters Ken, Blanka, Dhalsim and E Honda – news confirmed alongside the announcement of a closed beta scheduled for October 7-10. You can sign up for the closed beta over at the game’s official site.
Here is a summary of all the new information:
Street Fighter 6 continues its momentum with knockout combinations of new World Tour and Battle Hub information, four character reveals, the new Extreme Battle mode, plus the reveal of an upcoming closed beta test!
World Tour and Battle Hub
First, major updates to the World Tour and Battle Hub were announced, including:
- World tour – Players will be able to create their own avatars with a wealth of customization options to reflect their personal styles and flair. As players progress through the immersive story mode, they will sharpen their avatar’s strength through Street Fights with various NPCs and meet masters like Ryu and Chun-Li who will teach them special moves from their own repertoires. All inhabitants and opponents of the World Tour never shy away from a challenge and will seamlessly transition from conversation to battle.
- Battle Hub – Players can take their customized avatars into the Battle Hub, which serves as the lobby area to find matches against other players from around the world, including online tournaments. When two players sit down at one of the arcade cabinets located back-to-back throughout the Battle Hub, they can start a match with the entire Battle Hub as their audience. Players can also visit the Game Center to play retro Capcom classics like Street Fighter™ II and Final match™.
Second on the bill was the introduction of four World War II warriors returning to the streets:
- Ken – Accusations of orchestrating a criminal plot have forced Ken, a former US National Wrestling Champion and former VP of the Masters Foundation, to abandon his family and business to go into hiding. As a legend in Street Fighter series, Ken packs a classic moving kit with new additions that keep things fresh.
- Blanka – A kind-hearted adventure tour guide and defender by nature, Blanka features his signature electric thunder and rolling attacks, plus all-new Blanka-chan bombs and the return of his lightning beast move.
- Dhalsim – A monk and yoga master, Dhalsim channels his familiar fire techniques from previous games while also mastering moves like Yoga Fire, Yoga Arch, Yoga Comet, and Yoga Flame.
- E. Honda – A world-class sumo wrestler, E. Honda combines the old with the new, bringing back his trademark moves like the Hundred Hand Slap and Sumo Headbutt, plus his all-new Sumo Dash, where he moves forward with a traditional sumo shuffle.
Extreme battle mode
The all-new Extreme Battle mode enters the Fighting Ground to offer a new way to spice up battles with unconventional parameters. These fast and frantic matches are defined by new rules and gimmicks that make each match an experience for everyone to enjoy. The rules define the victory conditions for players, while gimmicks add a new level of fun, such as a stomping bull that sporadically interrupts a match.
Two more commentators were also revealed for the Real-Time Commentary feature, Kosuke Hiraiwa (play-by-play commentator) and His Excellency Demon Kakka (color commentator). Kosuke Hiraiwa is a well-known esports caster who lends his expertise and professionalism to Street Fighter 6. HEDemon Kakka is the lead singer of the Japanese heavy metal band Seikima-II. While they will commentate your matches in Japanese, there will be accompanying subtitles for any of the 13 supported languages displayed on screen if selected.
Closed beta test
Finally, a closed beta test will take place from the 7th-10th. October 2022 on PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S and Steam with crossplay enabled! The closed beta test will include Ranked Match, Casual Match, Battle Hub Match, Open Tournament, Extreme Battle, Game Center and Training Mode. Eight characters will be playable during the test, including Ryu, Chun-Li, Luke, Jamie, Guile, Kimberly, Juri, and Ken.
Here’s a new set of trailers for Street Fighter 6:
Street Fighter 6 launching in 2023 across Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.