304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Humble Games has announced the release date for their retro-inspired FPS, Prodeus.
Prodeus entered Early Access in November 2020 and will get a full release on September 23rd for Windows PC, Mac (both via GOO, Steamand Humble Games Store), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series XIS.
Prodeus is a throwback to classic shooters of yesteryear using modern rendering techniques and technology. Use an arsenal of high-tech firearms to slaughter hordes of demons while listening to a dynamic metal soundtrack.
Prodeus also features competitive multiplayer modes inspired by the heyday of PC shooters and built-in level editors so players can easily create and share new maps with the community.
You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find an overview (via Steam) below:
Prodeus is a first-person shooter of old, reimagined using modern rendering techniques. It achieves the quality you expect from a AAA experience while respecting some of the aesthetic technical limits of older hardware.
The game features a handcrafted campaign from industry FPS veterans, a fully integrated level editor and a built-in community map browser for instant action with almost unlimited levels to play.
Get ready to paint the walls red. This is the Boomer Shooter you’ve been waiting for.
Our art style:
- An aesthetic blend of high quality 3D art and retro rendering techniques
- Over the Best Visual Effects (Explosions! Blood! Gore! Oh My!)
- Infinite blood and a satisfying bloody slashing system
- Visceral and engaging combat scenarios
- Powerful weapon
- Dynamic heavy metal soundtrack from Andrew Hulshult
- A wealth of secrets to discover
- Built-in community map browser
- Advanced but easy to use level editor
- Tons of difficulty levels and game modes with high score online support
Prodeus is developed by Michael Voeller and Jason Mojica of Bounding Box Software, who have a combined 25 years of FPS development experience alongside talented freelance artists and designers.