304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Publisher Square Enix and developer Acquire shared a new block of gameplay Octopath Traveler II at Tokyo Game Show 2022.
Here’s the new gameplay block for the recently announced sequel:
Editor’s note: from 25:41 to 45:51
Here’s an overview of the sequel:
This game is a brand new entry in the OCTOPATH TRAVELER series, the first part of which was released in 2018 and sold over 3 million copies worldwide. It takes the series’ HD-2D graphics, a fusion of retro pixel art and 3DCG, to even greater heights.
In the world of Solistia, eight new travelers embark on an exciting new era. Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? Whose tale will you bring to life? Every road is yours to walk. Go on your own adventure.
- Begin your adventure as one of eight new travelers, each with their own origins, motivations, and unique skills.
- The series’ HD-2D graphics, a fusion of retro pixel art and 3DCG, have reached even greater heights.
- The story takes place in Solistia, where different cultures thrive from east to west and new age industries flourish. You can sail the sea and explore every corner of a world that changes from day to night.
- Each traveler has a unique set of Path Actions they can use to fight townspeople, obtain items, take others on their journeys, and more. Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? Every road is yours to walk.
- Familiar mechanics from the original game have been retained, such as the freedom to develop your travelers’ jobs and skills, as well as the Break and Boost system that made battles so exciting. New mechanics have also been added.
Octopath Traveler II launched for Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on February 24, 2023.