304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Stray Fawn Studio has launched their new city building sim The wandering village.
After a successful Kickstarter campaign back in 2020, The wandering village is now in Early Access for Windows PC, Linux and Mac via Steam. It’s also coming to Xbox Game Preview in 2023.
IN The wandering village, players must live in harmony on the back of a giant walking creature called the Onbu. Mysterious plants that emit poisonous spores have begun to spread across the planet, forcing Onbu and your villagers to find a new home.
Build a thriving village that works in harmony with Onbu to form a mutually beneficial relationship. Explore new technologies by uncovering ancient secrets, expand your village and explore exotic biomes that have their own unique quirks and challenges.
You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find an overview (via Steam) below:
The wandering village
In a world where mysterious plants spread across the earth and emit poisonous spores as they grow, a small group of survivors seek shelter on the back of a giant, wandering creature they call ‘Onbu’.
Become their leader, build their settlement and create a symbiotic relationship with the creature to survive together in this hostile but beautiful post-apocalyptic world that now surrounds you.
- Build your village – A functioning village is the foundation of your survival. Build your settlement and expand it over the creature’s back. Plan production chains and optimize them to use the limited space as efficiently as possible. Create a community that can overcome any challenge.
- Live on the creature’s back – Living on the back of another organism comes with its own set of challenges. Will you live in symbiosis, bond with the creature and survive on mutual trust? Or will you become a parasite whose sole purpose is to ensure a better life for your villagers? It’s your choice.
- Experience different biomes – Travel through a multitude of different biomes and adapt your village to their unique opportunities and threats. Explore your surroundings and send foraging missions to collect rare resources and ancient artifacts.
- Research into new technologies – Remnants of the ancient world hold knowledge long forgotten but can be unearthed by your villagers. Find and research these technologies, but use them wisely, as progress can be a double-edged sword.
- Survive the wastelands – Make sure you survive both your villagers and your Onbu, although poisonous spores, unforgiving weather, blood-sucking parasites and many more challenges mean the odds are often stacked against you.