304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Publisher THQ Nordic and developer KITE Games confirmed a release date for The brave on PC.
The brave launched for Windows PC (via Steam, GOOand Epic Games Store) on October 19. Console versions are planned across Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5, but have not received a release date.
Here’s a new trailer showing off the Crusader strategy game’s environments:
Here is an overview of the game announced in May:
We are the brave, the valiant, and the strength of our brotherhood will see us to victory in our quest.
Follow the story of Theoderich von Akenburg, a former Crusader knight who, after becoming disillusioned with the cruelty of war, is called back into action by events set in motion 15 years ago when he and his former brother-in-arms, Ulrich von Grevel, fall over a broken piece of an ancient artifact – Aaron’s Rod. A young monk named Malcom appears on Theoderich’s doorstep and brings him the news that the rod contains power never meant for mortals, and Ulrich has become obsessed with finding the remaining pieces and uniting the rod, an event that could bring untold evil and suffering to the world.
Theoderich sets out on a quest to find the remaining relics to keep them from Ulrich and begins a journey that will take him through Europe and the Middle East. During his journey, he will meet many other warriors who decide to rally to the cause, from the old, seasoned Reinhard von Kempten of the Teutonic Order to the ambitious young mercenary Grimhild Eidottr and her Raven Company, each joined by different reasons, but slowly form bonds that will endure through the trials and tribulations to come.
- Squad-based RTS with a variety of units, from tanky Swordsman to fast Cavalry
- Choose hero and support teams across 15 exciting, hand-crafted single-player missions, each with custom cinematics, narrated journals, difficulty levels and more
- 5+ Hero Squads each with 3 different skill trees giving players unique passive and active skills to choose from as they level up their heroes
- Huge variety of weapons and armor to loot and equip throughout the campaign, each with their own stats and special skill options
- Combine hero skills and weapons/equipment for a huge variety of hero builds
- Play co-op with friends in 3-player “Last Man Standing” mode where you face hordes of enemies and earn experience to level up your knights and unlock new skills and cosmetics
- Play competitively in multiple pvp game modes supporting 1v1 and 2v2, with cosmetic meta-progression and special rewards for ranked play